POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple question : Re: Simple question Server Time
5 Oct 2024 16:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple question
From: Chris B
Date: 4 Oct 2009 08:17:00
Message: <4ac8923c@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
news:tpvgc5t9hae1lr5i5i66fu9dn9qjaepj7r@4ax.com...
> On Sun,  4 Oct 2009 06:31:04 EDT, "Silverlight2009" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>>Hello. Is there any mood in POV-Ray to change the default output file
>>type?
>>Thanks.
>>
> Yes there is, read the documents/help section 3.1.2.4.1  Output File Type.

... and, in particular the INI file syntax, which is Output_File_Type=J (or
one of the listed types), which you can put into the 'povray.ini' file to
make it the default behaviour on your system.
The 'J' option gives jpeg output (which I think is missing from the
documentation). On Windows you can edit 'povray.ini' from the Tools menu and
you shouldn't need to restart POV-Ray afterwards.

Regards,
Chris B.